Orange-Cardamom Spiced Nuts
From Cook's Country
Oil, melted butter, and other common Orange-Cardamom Spiced Nuts coatings made for greasy hands and didn’t coat the nuts evenly. We found egg whites mixed with a little orange juice and salt worked best. Slow-roasting the nuts at a low temperature ensured they cooked completely without scorching the exterior.
Makes about 5 cups
Almonds and pistachios are a good combination here. To double the recipe, adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and bake the nuts on 2 baking sheets, switching and rotating sheets halfway through baking.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists