Oklahoma Barbecue Sauce
From Cook's Country
Traditionally, Oklahoma Barbecued Chopped Pork is served with homemade relish and tangy barbecue sauce on the side. We didn’t want to ruin the whole experience by using store-bought sauce. Ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce provided a flavorful base for our sauce. Rather than having it slathered directly onto the pork, tasters preferred the more traditional approach of serving it on the side.
Makes about 1½ cups
Oklahoma’s sharp, tangy sauce is always served on the side.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists