Oatmeal Butterscotch Bars
From Cook's Country
Most recipes for this bake-sale favorite combine oatmeal cookie dough with a bag of butterscotch chips. We wanted a chewier, less crumbly version that wasn’t so sweet. To achieve this, we used less sugar than most oatmeal butterscotch bars recipes, and melted the butter (instead of creaming it) to produce a chewy texture.
Makes 36 Bars
Old-fashioned oats will yield a chewier and less compact bar. Do not use instant oats.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists