Noche Buena Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
From Cook's Country
The secret to the distinct flavor of these Noche Buena Chocolate Sandwich cookies is the Dulce de leche filling. Sandwiching the rich Dulce de leche between two cookies ensured the bold flavors of the filling didn't overpower the chocolately cookies. A shot of coffee liquer and a sprinkling of ground almonds enhanced the flavor of the cookies and set them apart from more traditional holiday cookies.
Makes about 20 cookies
Use either Kahlua or Tia Maria for the coffee liqueur. Dulce de leche, a Latin American caramel, is sold in the baking aisle of most supermarkets.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists