Mother's Chewy Oatmeal Logs
From Cook's Country
For an easy, chewy oatmeal cookie with all the flavor of the classic, we start with a fragrant dough filled with molasses and warm spices. Nuts and raisins stud the dough, and we form it into four logs before baking—much easier than rolling individual balls. We slice the logs like biscotti while they’re still warm, and drizzle them with a simple glaze, making for the ultimate gooey, comforting sweet.
Makes about 40 cookies
Don’t use instant oats (you’ll lose the nice, chewy quality of the oats) or blackstrap molasses (which is too strong) in this recipe.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists