From Cook's Country
In our Monterey Melts recipe, the right ingredients ,coupled with the proper technique gave us perfect sandwiches. Buttering the bread—not the pan—gave our sandwiches the most even browning. Cooking the sandwiches over medium-low heat allowed the cheese to melt evenly and the bread to brown deeply. For a sandwich the California flavors, we combined Monterey Jack cheese with avocado, bacon, sliced turkey, and pickled jalapeño chiles. For a crisp crust, we pressed the Monterey Melts with a cake pan to mimic a panini press.
Turkey, bacon, and avocado flavor this California classic.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists