Monte Cristo Sandwiches
From Cook's Country
We loved the idea of preparing a retro Monte Cristo sandwich recipe at home for the whole family, but the traditional method of pan-frying them wasn’t practical since it only allowed us to make them one (or, at the most, two) at a time. For a Monte Cristo sandwich recipe that can feed the whole family, we toasted the bread before the dipping the sandwiches in sweetened egg batter to jump start the browning and keep the bread from turning soggy. And for a sweet and spicy mixture that our tasters love, we spread the bread with strawberry jam swirled with Dijon mustard.
Trim the slices of meat and cheese as necessary to fit neatly on the bread.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists