Mom's Gone with the Wind Heavenly Pie
From Cook's Country
This recipe submission to our America's Best Lost Recipes contest received its name after Clark Gable purchased one of these pies at a bake sale. A fallen meringue forms the pie’s base and is filled with a whipped cream–lightened lemon curd and more whipped cream.
Don’t skimp on the resting times in the oven or the refrigerator. If you do, the pie may be gooey, making it hard to slice. Meringue is tricky to make on humid days.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists