Mixed Vegetables with Instant Cream Sauce
From Cook's Country
We appreciate the convenience of the sauced vegetable medleys sold in the freezer aisle of supermarkets, but the mushy vegetables and cloying cream sauce clearly need fixing. For perfectly tender veggies, we sautéed a combination of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and red bell pepper until they were slightly brown before steaming them, covered. Then we uncovered the skillet to allow any liquid to evaporate. Keeping the same no-cook approach you’d get from a freezer package, we simply combined equal parts cream cheese and heavy cream with fresh chives, bright lemon juice, and spicy red pepper flakes to toss with the veggies before serving.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists