Memphis Chopped Coleslaw
From Cook's Country
Our Memphis Chopped Coleslaw recipe is studded with celery seeds and crunchy green peppers and tossed with an unapologetically sugary mustard dressing that’s balanced by a bracing hit of vinegar. Salt draws out excess moisture from the cabbage, causing it to wilt and tenderize. The cabbage became a sturdy base for our coleslaw, which can refrigerated for a day without becoming soggy. Quickly cooking the spicy dressing brought the bold components of our Memphis Chopped Coleslaw together and ensured the cabbage absorbed plenty of flavor.
Serves 8 to 10
In step 1, the salted, rinsed and dried cabbage mixture can be refrigerated in a zipper-lock plastic bag for up to 24 hours.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists