Mediterranean Rice Salad
From Cook's Country
The success of many Mediterranean rice salad recipes relies on perfectly cooked rice. Medium- or short-grain rice was too starchy and clumped up, so our recipe calls for long-grain, flavorful basmati rice. Toasting the grains before boiling them lent our Mediterranean Rice Salad a pleasing nuttiness and guaranteed that the rice wouldn’t clump or break apart. Too much dressing made our Mediterranean Rice Salad greasy and heavy, so we dressed it lightly with an assertive vinaigrette.
Serves 6 to 8
Basmati rice gives this dish a distinct toasty flavor, but any long-grain rice will work.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists