Meaty Baked Beans
From Cook's Country
For our Meaty Baked Beans recipe, tasters preferred pink beans over navy, pinto, or kidney beans for their luxuriously creamy interiors. Soaking the beans overnight greatly reduced the cooking time.
Boneless smoked pork shoulder added smoky flavor to the beans without falling apart in the long cooking process. For seasoning, we went with ketchup for tanginess, dark brown sugar for sweetness, and spicy brown mustard for a kick of heat.
Begin checking for doneness after 2 hours of uncovered baking. If the sauce has thickened but the beans are not yet tender, add up to 1 1⁄2 cups of water and continue baking. You can use boneless smoked ham in place of boneless smoked pork shoulder.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists