Maple-Glazed Brussels Sprouts
From Cook's Country
Adding maple syrup to the chicken broth in our Maple-Glazed Brussels Sprouts recipe provided a welcome sweetness, but we had to be sure to use real maple syrup. Halving the sprouts ensured they cooked through evenly, but if we didn’t cut them through the stem they fell apart in the skillet. We mimicked the brown, caramelized edges achieved through roasting by sautéing the sprouts for a few extra minutes before adding the liquid.
Serves 6 to 8
Choose Brussels sprouts with small, tight heads, no more than 1½ inches in diameter. Use pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists