Make-Ahead Turkey Gravy
From Cook's Country
Items in the giblets bag found in the cavity of the turkey—the neck, heart, and gizzard—added delicious depth to our Make-Ahead Turkey Gravy, but we found it best to stay clear of the liver. Its strong flavor overpowered our gravy. Deglazing was an important step, one that’s often overlooked. Taking the time to deglaze ensured that all of the flavorful brown bits from the bottom of the pan made their way into the gravy.
Makes about 6 cups
This recipe makes enough gravy for a 12- to 14-pound turkey, with leftovers. Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to three days or frozen for up to two months. Dried thyme may be substituted for the fresh.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists