Low-Fat Ranch Dressing
From Cook's Country
Most creamy low-fat dressings taste like the plastic they’re bottled in. For our fresh-tasting alternative, we used reduced-fat sour cream and low-fat plain yogurt. Fresh garlic lent our Low-Fat Ranch Dressing recipe pungency and depth, and fresh dill, chives, and cilantro brightened the flavor.
Traditional ranch dressing has 170 calories, 18 grams of fat, and 3 grams of saturated fat per 2-tablespoon serving. Our Low-Fat Ranch Dressing has 25 calories, 1 gram of fat, and 0 grams of saturated fat per 2-tablespoon serving.
Makes about 1 cup, enough for 8 servings
Buttermilk makes a nice substitute for the water here, and it adds only 1/2 gram of fat and virtually no calories.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists