Long Boy Cheeseburgers
From Cook's Country
We thought breakfast cereal was an odd addition to our Long Boy Cheeseburgers, but cornflakes provided better flavor and texture than bread, tortilla chips, saltines, or Ritz crackers. Traditional evaporated milk was much too sweet for this recipe. We found low-fat milk to be a superior substitute. Toasting the rolls before spreading on the meat mixture kept them from getting soggy as the burgers baked. For a happy medium between a meatloaf glaze and ketchup squirted directly onto a burger, we brushed ketchup on top of the meat before baking.
Be sure to spread the meat to the edges of the rolls, or the bread will burn.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists