Loaded Baked Potato Soup
From Cook's Country
For a baked potato soup recipe that tasted like baked potatoes but didn’t involve actually baking the potato, we used rendered bacon fat to cook the ingredients, which imparted a smoky flavor to the finished soup. Whisking sour cream into the baked potato soup just before serving gave it an extra-rich consistency. We also found a use for the potato peelings: We fried them in bacon fat and sprinkled that on top of our finished baked potato soup just before serving.
If you prefer, replace the thyme sprig with 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme. Reserving some of the potatoes in step 3 results in a chunkier soup. For a smooth soup, puree all the potatoes.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists