Light and Fluffy Biscuits with Swiss and Caraway
From Cook's Country
For our Light and Fluffy Biscuits with Swiss and Caraway recipe, we combined the dry ingredients with the butter and shortening in the food processor; otherwise, our warm hands melted the fat, resulting in greasy biscuits. Kneading was a necessary step to activate the gluten in the flour and helped the biscuits rise, but we took care not to overdo it; otherwise, we wound up with tough biscuits.
Makes 12 biscuits
If you don’t have buttermilk, there is no need to run to the store. Make a substitute by stirring 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice or white vinegar into 1¼ cups milk. Let the mixture stand at room temperature for 10 minutes until thickened.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists