Lemon Sponge Pie
From Cook's Country
For the perfect fluffy, spongy Lemon Sponge Pie, we beat the egg whites to soft peaks. If beaten to stiff peaks, the whites deflated when mixed into the rest of the filling, and the pie turned out flat. We used both lemon zest and lemon juice in the filling for the brightest flavor in our recipe.
Use your favorite pie dough or our recipe (attached). For a convenient option, use one sheet of Pillsbury JustUnroll! Pie Crusts, available in the refrigerator biscuit section of your supermarket.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists