Lemon Simple Syrup
From Cook's Country
Simple syrup is the best way to sweeten cold beverages from lemonade to iced tea. Unlike granulated sugar, which won’t dissolve readily in beverages, liquid simple syrup doesn’t make cold beverages gritty. Simple syrup is equal parts water and sugar heated long enough to dissolve the sugar. The syrup can be flavored with citrus zest or spices like stick cinnamon, and it can be refrigerated for up to one week.
Makes about 1 cup
In the test kitchen, we keep sugar syrup in the refrigerator at all times during the summer. This recipe makes enough syrup for two pitchers of iced tea and can be doubled if you go through a lot of iced tea in your household.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists