For our Lemon-Shallot Vinaigrette recipe, we blended four parts oil with one part vinegar for a balanced flavor. We used full-flavored, fruity extra-virgin olive oil, shaking all the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. We minced the shallots as fine as possible to disperse their strong flavor. To give the vinaigrette an additional burst of flavor, we added optional grated Parmesan cheese.
Makes about 1 cup
This simple vinaigrette goes with nearly any greens, from mild-tasting to assertive.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists