Lemon Pound Cake
From Cook's Country
For a Lemon Pound Cake recipe with a light, delicate texture, we made sure to thoroughly cream the butter and sugar until very airy, light, and almost white in color. We leavened our Lemon Pound Cake’s crumb with a bit of baking powder and used lots of lemon in each step of our recipe for bright lemon flavor.
For best results, the butter should be between 65 and 70 degrees--it should give slightly when pressed with your finger but still hold its shape. You will need three lemons for this recipe.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists