From Cook's Country
To create the tasty cross between home fries and roasted potatoes that is Lemon Potatoes, we started with waxy red baby potatoes—they held their shape better than other varieties we tested. We turned to a classic French fry prep technique to prevent burning—rinsing the raw potatoes to wash off the starch.
To build layers of flavor in our Lemon Potatoes, we skillet-simmered the potatoes in a mixture of chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, and a few garlic cloves until tender and then uncovered the pan to let the liquid evaporate. Once the pan was dry, we discarded the garlic and added a little oil to brown the potatoes.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists