From Cook's Country
Lemon curd is a custard-style sauce made from eggs, sugar, butter, and, of course, lemon juice. The most important step in our perfect lemon curd recipe is knowing when the curd is cooked. When the spatula leaves a clear trail (which quickly disappears) in the bottom of the saucepan, the curd is ready: it will be smooth and creamy. If you leave it on the heat any longer, the spatula will leave a wide, clear trail as the curd becomes thick and pasty.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists