Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup
From Cook's Country
We seared the chicken, then prepared the rest of the soup in the same pot. This way, we picked up all of the flavorful browned bits left behind by the chicken, which gave our Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup a flavorful foundation. With all the other flavor-packed ingredients in our Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup recipe, we found it acceptable to use canned chicken broth. To add the egg yolks to the soup without the risk of curdling, we blended them with lemon juice and “tempered" the mixture with some of the hot soup.
To avoid scrambling the eggs, add the hot broth to the egg yolks slowly.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists