Layered Mexican Salad
From Cook's Country
We quickly discovered that Layered Mexican Salad is only as good as the ingredients you put into it. Fresh cherry tomatoes were a must, as were ripe avocados, as the texture and flavor of underripe avocados was off-putting. Tasters preferred crisp, cool romaine to iceberg lettuce, and canned black beans tasted fine once rinsed and drained.
Serves 6 to 8
You will need a large (at least 2 1/2-quart) serving bowl for this recipe. If using frozen corn, make sure to thaw and rinse it first.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists