Kansas City BBQ Sauce
From Cook's Country
Our Kansas City BBQ Sauce recipe combines the usual sauce ingredients—ketchup, vinegar, molasses, hot sauce, mustard—with two unexpected ingredients: dark corn syrup and root beer, which give our barbecue sauce the sticky, sweet, and smoky characteristics. But beware: We found that our Kansas City BBQ Sauce recipe burns very quickly and should not be used over direct heat when grilling.
Makes about 4 cups
We like our barbecue sauce extra-thick. If you like a thinner, smoother texture, the sauce can be strained after it has finished cooking.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists