From Cook's Country
Joe Froggers, which are incredibly moist, slightly salty cookies, are so good in bakeries that we decided to develop our own recipe for them. Dissolving salt into our recipe’s rum and water gave the cookie its distinctive salty flavor. Many Joe Froggers recipes we used as research called for lard, but we found that using butter made for a better cookie
Makes 2 dozen cookies
Place only 6 cookies on each baking sheet—they will spread. If you don't own a 3 1/2-inch cookie cutter, use a drinking glass. Use regular (not robust) molasses. Make sure to chill the dough for a full 8 hours or it will be too hard to roll out.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists