From Cook's Country
We began our recipe for Jambalaya by browning the smoky, spicy andouille sausage to render fat and boost flavor. We tented the chicken with foil and allowed it to rest after cooking. This ensured that the breasts retained all of their natural juices and produced meat that was moist and flavorful. Limiting the dish to just one nonstick pan allowed us to make use of the fond—tasty browned bits left behind by the seared chicken and sausage—which added rich flavor to the Jambalaya.
Serves 4 to 6
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists