Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwich
From Cook's Country
For the tomato sauce in our Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwich, a small can of diced tomatoes tasted better and required less effort than fresh tomatoes, and their juices had a bright flavor. To prevent the pepperoni from leaching grease into the Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwich, we briefly microwaved it between sheets of paper towel. This quick step removed much of the grease without toughening the meat. To get the signature ridged grill marks and crisp exterior provided by a panini press, we used a nonstick grill pan and weighed down the sandwiches with a Dutch oven.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists