From Cook's Country
To keep our Italian Burgers’ toppings from sliding out from beneath the bun, we created a recipe that put them inside the burger, where they couldn’t fall out. We added our recipe’s ingredients straight into the burger mix. Our recipe calls for 85 percent lean ground beef, which kept the burgers from being too greasy. And because the ingredients were mixed into the meat, we found it best to cook the burgers to well-done. The Parmesan cheese kept them from being dry or tough.
Although we usually enjoy our burgers medium-rare, with extra ingredients added, tasters found that the burgers were too soft unless cooked through (basically, well-done).
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists