Individual Cherry-Almond Buckles
We developed an Individual Cherry-Almond Buckles recipe to dress up this homey dessert featuring fresh fruit combined with a sweet, cakey topping. By using the food processor, we kept prep work and dishes to a minimum. Processing the almonds with sugar until finely ground before adding the butter and remaining ingredients ensured a smooth, well-incorporated batter. For a full-flavored filling, we use sour cherries instead of sweet. Coating the ovensafe ramekins with vegetable oil prevented our Individual Cherry-Almond Buckles from sticking fast.
Two cups pitted frozen sour cherries, thawed, drained, patted dry, and quartered can be substituted for the fresh or jarred berries.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists