Indian Tea Biscuits (Nankhatai)
From Cook's Country
We wanted the flavor of the cardamom to take center stage in these cookies, so we went with a simple butter-cookie base, enhanced with a touch of tangy yogurt. A splash of vanilla pairs well with the spicy-sweet flavor, and a crunchy cashew on top keeps them interesting.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
Don’t use nonfat yogurt for this recipe. Plan ahead, as the dough must be chilled for several hours before you can roll it. You can cut these cookies into any shape you like.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists