Ice Cream Cupcakes
From Cook's Country
Cake and ice cream is a combination that’s hard to beat, so we used it in our Ice Cream Cupcakes recipe. For the base of our “frosted” ice cream cupcake, we found that a store-bought pound cake works well. The cake is dense enough to be cut easily without crumbling, and it also absorbed the melting ice cream. We included a secret jam center in our Ice Cream Cupcakes recipe. Since it doesn’t freeze hard, the jam lends the cupcake an interesting textural contrast, not to mention a boost of flavor.
Makes 12 cupcakes
Combination foil/paper cupcake liners work best in this recipe. Use plain or Chocolate Whipped Cream (see related recipe).
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists