From Cook's Country
Our Hunter-Style Chicken recipe produces bold flavors of mushrooms, white wine, tomatoes, onions, and herbs while keeping the chicken juicy and tender—a pretty big achievement using a slow cooker. We achieved this by replacing traditional whole cut-up chicken with bone-in, skin-on thighs, the test kitchen’s preferred cut for braising. Sautéing the mushrooms and onions in bacon fat before adding them to the slow cooker lent a deep smokiness to our Hunter-Style Chicken recipe. And to keep the braising liquid concentrated and potent, we increased the amount of white wine, then reduced it in a skillet to intensify its flavor.
Serves 4 to 6
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists