Hot Water Cornbread
From Cook's Country
A quick-cooked mixture of cornmeal and water is the base for this simple dish. A mere tablespoon of flour helped bind the mix together, an egg added richness and structure, and baking powder kept our hot water cornbread light. After a few minutes in hot oil, these bite-size morsels were crispy and brown—ready to be eaten warm with a dab of honey butter.
Makes about 20 fritters
Use medium- or finely ground cornmeal. Serve with honey butter.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists