Hot Fudge Sauce
From Cook's Country
While hot fudge sauce is easy enough to buy at the supermarket, we wanted to make our own decadent rendition at home. Our Hot Fudge Sauce recipe combines Dutch-processed cocoa powder and semisweet chocolate for the richest color and fudgiest flavor. Quicker and easier than the double boiler, microwaving the chocolate also prevented scorching. We used corn syrup to give the Hot Fudge Sauce a smooth, velvety texture that clings to the ice cream.
Makes about 2 cups
This is the classic ice cream sundae topping. Sifting the cocoa powder prevents lumps from forming in the sauce. Semisweet chocolate chips can be used in place of the chopped chocolate.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists