Honey Fried Chicken
From Cook's Country
Honey dipped fried chicken should be juicy and tender inside, with a crispy, honey-kissed coating. To keep it moist, we brine the chicken first. After a dusting of cornstarch, we dip it in a thin cornstarch-and-water batter, but the key find was double frying. We partially fry the chicken and let it rest to allow moisture from the skin to evaporate before frying a second time for an incredibly crunchy crust. A quick dunk in a mixture of warm honey and hot sauce gives this chicken an irresistibly sticky coating.
You will need a 6-quart (or larger) Dutch oven to make this recipe.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists