Homemade Stuffing Mix
From Cook's Country
Half-inch cubes of hearty white bread, toasted until golden brown and frozen for later use, provided a sturdy foundation for our Homemade Stuffing Mix. To create a make-ahead flavor base, we sautéed the vegetables and herbs in butter and then froze the mixture into logs. To finish the stuffing, we just needed to remove the frozen logs, melt them on the stovetop with some chicken broth, and add the bread.
Makes 12 cups of mix, enough for 2 batches of stuffing
Cool the vegetable mixture completely before adding the softened butter or the butter will melt. If you double this recipe, toast the bread in 2 batches.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists