Homemade Cornbread Dressing
From Cook's Country
Because our Homemade Cornbread Dressing is so flavorful, we could replace the butter with vegetable oil and eliminate buttermilk from the cornbread altogether. We found that if we forgot to stale our cornbread overnight, we could get the same results in less than an hour by baking it at a low temperature.
A generous hand with the sausage and eggs and adding half-and-half to the dressing brought welcome flavor and richness to the dish.
Serves 10 to 12
The baked cornbread can be left in its pan up to two days before making the stuffing. Instead of oven-drying in step 2, stale the cubed cornbread overnight at room temperature. Use fine or coarse cornmeal.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists