Homemade Breakfast Sausage
From Cook's Country
When shopping for ground pork for our Homemade Breakfast Sausage, we avoided lean meat, which was neither fatty enough nor flavorful enough. To add additional flavor, we found a hint of maple syrup sweetened the patties and was appropriate for breakfast fare.
When crafting the patties, we kneaded the meat mixture with our hands, but were careful not to overmix, which toughened the meat. To form even patties, we found a greased measuring cup worked like a charm.
Avoid lean or extra-lean ground pork; it makes the sausage dry, crumbly, and less flavorful.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists