Holiday Strip Roast
From Cook's Country
With a big, beefy top-loin roast (the same cut that New York strip steak comes from), evenly cooked meat is a must, but gray rings plagued many of our early efforts. To achieve a rosy hue throughout without searing on the stovetop, we start the roast in a low oven. When it’s almost up to temperature, we broil it for a few minutes, creating a crisp, browned exterior and well-rendered fat cap. A piquant mixture of spices and herbs flavors the roast, and letting it sit overnight with the spice rub and plenty of kosher salt ensures perfectly seasoned meat.
Serves 8 to 10
Serve with Salsa Verde (see related content).
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists