Herbed Rice Pilaf
From Cook's Country
For our recipe for Herbed Rice Pilaf, rather than stick to the standard ratio of two parts water to one part rice, we discovered that slightly less liquid produced a perfect pilaf with fluffy grain. Sautéing the rice in a little butter added more flavor than oil, and replacing water with chicken broth made our Herbed Rice Pilaf more savory. We also sautéed onion and garlic in the butter before adding the broth. To get deep, layered herb flavor, we first added an aromatic bay leaf with the garlic to provide a base of herb flavor.
Serves 4 to 6
If you don’t have fresh thyme on hand, ½ teaspoon dried thyme can be substituted.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists