Herb Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Caramelized Onion
From Cook's Country
While developing our creamy Herb Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Caramelized Onion recipe, we found that the right temperature and the right slice were key. We thinly sliced the sweet potatoes and cooked them covered, on the stovetop, on low heat with a small amount of butter and cream. The low heat allowed the potatoes in our recipe to release their liquid, which produced the steam that cooked them.
Serves 4 to 6
This recipe can be doubled and prepared in a Dutch oven, but the cooking time will need to be doubled as well. If you prefer, substitute 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme for the thyme sprig (but do not remove in step 2).
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists