From Cook's Country
Switching from cake flour to all-purpose flour mixed with cornstarch gave our Heavenly Hots more structure without making them too dense. Despite the additional heft, they were still too difficult to flip. To fix the problem, we covered the skillet to create a miniature oven that partially cooked the interiors. Removing an egg from the recipe compensated for the extra moisture retained when covering the skillet.
Makes 32 pancakes, serving 4
To serve, dust with confectioners' sugar.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists