Grilled Wine-and-Herb Marinated Chicken
From Cook's Country
Wine and poultry are a classic culinary duo, but actually getting wine flavor into the chicken took some work. Dry white wine proved to be the best contender, and we found that two cups was sufficient to marinate a 4-pound bird (butterflied, for easier grilling). Along with garlic, herbs, and a little sugar, we whiz the marinade in the blender for the best texture. Poking the chicken with a skewer helps the flavors of the marinade penetrate, and reserving a quarter cup to brush on the chicken near the end of cooking reinforces the bright, winey flavor.
Use a dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc, for this recipe.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists