Grilled Sesame Asparagus
From Cook's Country
Marinating the asparagus in a thinner version of the typical salty-sweet Asian glaze (minus the sesame seeds) imparted intense flavor that stood up to the heat of the grill. We supplemented the soy sauce with ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes; instead of honey, we preferred brown sugar for its deeper, caramelized flavor. Because the sesame flavor of our Grilled Sesame Asparagus dissipated on the grill, rather than use the sesame oil in the marinade, we reserved some of the marinade and added sesame oil to it.
Toast the sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden, about 5 minutes
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists