Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
From Cook's Country
In our Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches recipe, the right ingredients coupled with the proper technique gave us perfect sandwiches. Buttering the bread—not the pan—gave our sandwiches the most even browning. Cooking the sandwiches over medium-low heat allowed the cheese to melt evenly and the bread to brown deeply. We added mayonnaise, jarred pimentos, minced onions, hot pepper sauce, and sliced tomatoes for an authentic Southern flavor. For a crisp crust, we pressed the Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches with a cake pan to mimic a panini press.
Press the tomato slices between paper towels to remove moisture.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists