Grilled Pesto Chicken
From Cook's Country
To make our pesto chicken actually taste like pesto, it took a three-pronged approach. Starting with a batch of homemade pesto, we thicken a portion with extra Parmesan cheese to make a stuffing for bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts that wouldn’t leak out. A cheese-less portion of the pesto functions as a marinade, flavoring the outside of the meat. Finally, cheesy pesto, thinned out to sauce consistency, is served with the chicken for one last hit of fresh basil flavor.
Note that the pesto base is divided into three separate mixtures for marinating, stuffing, and saucing the grilled chicken.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists