Grilled Marinated Skirt Steak
From Cook's Country
The loose grain of skirt steak makes it an ideal candidate for a flavorful marinade, but wet meat simply steams on the grill. To achieve a charred crust, we season our steak with salt, pepper, and sugar before searing and don’t marinate until after it comes off the grill. Poking the grilled steaks with a fork lets the bold, savory flavors penetrate into the meat, and since the marinade never touches raw meat, we also serve it as a sauce on the side.
Serves 4 to 6
Keep the marinade at room temperature or it will cool down the steaks.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists